ellyhelcl

Elly Helcl

The dead have ruled earth for 200 years - Noah K. Mullette-Gillman Okay, let me just get the bad out of the way.

1. Instead of comma's the author used apostrophes throughout the book! So instead of reading don't it was don"t. Now that wouldn't be so bad, but that also meant that the apostrophes weren't necessarily in the right place all of the time either. More than once I found myself back tracking and re-reading parts because I realized I had missed that part of the sentence was supposed to be dialogue.

2. The ending was an interesting premise but...it was kind of a let down. It was like the old westerns when the ending was the cowboy riding off into the sunset. A book that was full of action that had a really weak ending. Besides that, the book basically ends in a way that makes it pointless. I am hoping this means the author intends a round two but since that isn't specified, it just leaves me disappointed in the ending.

The good.

1. He did a really good job of describing everything. From a storm to rain to zombie attacks, he makes it very easy to envision the scenes. Not so much the characters themselves (the main four) but that doesn't detract from the story at all...

2. The zombies were unique. The descriptions allowed me to easily envision the zombies in this book and what I imagined was breath-taking! If not a little x-rated, but that really is the authors fault :D

3. I had a hard time putting it down. I stayed awake to read the ending. I think I should put in this disclaimer...I am a zombie fan. Hardcore.

Ultimately, I couldn't decided whether to give this book a two or four star rating. The thing with the punctuation was driving me insane but the story was really good...So, I settled on a three star.

Had the book had better punctuation and a different ending, depending on what that ending was, I would have given it a five star review.