ellyhelcl

Elly Helcl

When, At Last, He Found Me - Adrianna Stepiano When I first saw this book and read the synopsis I thought...Oh lord, this is going to be another rip off of the Little Mermaid!

It wasn't.

This book is the story of Seraphin. She is a young girl who was abandoned by her mom when she was two days old, her dad died when she was (I'm guessing...I don't remember exactly) ten years old, and then her grandma passed away when she was 17. She was seemingly all alone in this world, other than her favorite teacher, Mrs. Z.

Seraphin is a character you can't help but get drawn in by. From the moment you meet her, you can feel her inner struggles, and she becomes a real person you can't help but feel empathy for.

Bravo to this YA author! I literally couldn't put this book down! I was so impressed by the book, I sent the author a friend request so I couldn't forget her name, and so I could follow her writing in the future.

Sigh...this is one part of a two part series...My TBR list is really long but I plan on picking up the next book in the series relatively soon!

This book will act as a stand alone but I can't wait to see where Seraphin and Joseph go from here!

I have a weak spot for mermaids, but this really was one of the best mermaid stories I have read.